Sunday, October 31, 2010

Competitive Race; 5km UM Night Run 2010

my bib number!!
me before the run..
the banner at the finish line..

yeay!! definitely this is one of my best run to date.. i arrived early for the run.. as expected, the runners that i saw were much younger than i was.. obviously i felt nervous running with these younger runner.. yes, some were serious long distance runners.. warming up was hard.. it rained a few hours before the run.. temperature was low and windy..

slowly i placed myself behind a few elite runners.. as the horn was blown i was caught napping.. swoosh!! off goes the elite runners and the gap between me and them were filled with other runners.. so, i tried to keep up with the forerunners..

half way, i paced myself with a lady.. she knows her strength.. her pace was constant even during uphill and downhill runs.. i tried overtaking her once and she over took me on my downhill run..

i finished strong as i managed to hit my max heart at 175bpm on my last straight.. could have been stronger if someone was behind!! hehe..

well, in the end i learned a few things during this run.. training does matters.. long distance run builds stamina.. uphill runs builds strength.. downhill runs builds stability.. pacing builds pace..

No comments:

Post a Comment