Sunday, October 24, 2010

Competitive Race; 4km Run Revisit

me after the run.. all thumbs up!!

Date/ Time: 21 Oct'10/ 0830am
Distant: 4km

Summary:
this is my second competitive run before my first ever penang bridge international marathon in 28days!! i know that this could not be a benchmark how i would fair in PBIM.. nevertheless, it was a good experience for me and hope this will inspire myself to train better and smarter..

first, i lined up front and was on the far right of the line.. this position me in a good birds eye view of the run build-up.. as the horn was blown, i started running.. from the far right, i could clearly see how the fronts runners were doing.. i paced myself as to not be too far from them.. slowly but surely, i over took participants.. it was a lot easier since i was from the right and moving towards the left..

next, i started pacing myself with the nearest runner in front.. if i felt good or i could outpace them, i would burst out overtake them and do the same repeatedly.. this helped me to stay focus on my run.. unfortunately this is a 4km race and i spent some valuable time following others when i should have overtake when i could.. the lesson learn here is never doubt yourself..

i did not have drinks halfway at the water station.. this was because i still felt good and dehydration on a 4km run? maybe if its a 10km run, i would take a sip of water..

towards the final 400meters, i was pacing myself to overtake a participant.. unfortunately i doubt myself.. this cost me valuable minutes.. in the end, i was placed 12th.. hmm.. if only.. if only.. nevertheless, i am happy as i was a lot faster than 6months ago.. seriously.. this was my best ever feeling.. i ran faster than those i admire..

lastly there are a few lesson learn for my future runs; start far on the right, pace yourself with the person in front, outpace when you can, never doubt your strength, it's yourself against yourself.. see yaa guys in PBIM'10..

No comments:

Post a Comment