Wednesday, September 8, 2010

OMG its HFM Virus!!!

up until week35 i was making good progress in my weekly training mileage and duration.. now, i have to rest for a few days.. the doctor said i may have HFM (coxsackie) virus.. here is a daily diary of my sickness!!!!

Day 1 (3 Aug'10; 78days to PBIM'10)
i started to feel mild headache since afternoon.. told myself that it will all be fine the next day..

Day 2 (4 Sept'10; 77days to PBIM'10)
my body feels week.. maybe i was not sleeping enough..

Day 3 (5 Sept'10; 76days to PBIM'10)
i felt very cold before noticing i have a high fever.. 38oC in the morning and 38.8oC at night.. the doctor A suspected it was the usual fever.. my throat starts feeling painful.. maybe a day resting will help improve my health condition..

my medication:
- 1 tablet of ospamox 500mg every 12hrs (amoxicillin b.p. 500mg)
- 2 tablet of panadeine every 8hrs (paracetamol 500mg, codeine phosphate 8mg)
- 1 table of strepsils regular every 8hrs (2,4-dichlorobenzyl alchohol, amylmetacresol)

38.8oC!!! i didn't know i was that hot!! yep, you heard me right.. i am hot!! hehe..

Day 4 (6 Sept'10; 75days to PBIM'10)
Went to work today.. the body ache is still there.. headache gone.. throat still feels dreadfully painful!! now, i notice a few blisters on my hand, feet and face.. went to see a different doctor today.. the doctor B was unable to diagnose my sickness.. gave me some ointment for the blisters and anti-inflammatory oral spray to relieve my sore throat..

my medication:
- continue day 3 medications
- apply declovir cream every 8 hrs (acyclovir, methyl paraben, proply paraben)
- oral spray difflam forte every 12 hrs (benzydamine hydrochloride 3mg/ml)

Day 5 (7 Sept'10; 74days to PBIM'10)
while driving to work, i notice my face is full of blisters.. now i start to feel this sickness is HFM after noticing blisters on my throat and tonsils.. so, i went to see the doctor B again for medication..

my medication:
- continue day 4 medications (except day 3 medications)
- 1 tablet of rhemofenax 50mg every 12hrs (diclofenac sodium 50mg)
- 1 tablet of avelox daily (moxifloxacin 400mg)
- gargle with difflam anti-flammatory anticeptic every 8hrs (benzydamine hydrochloride, chlorhexidine gluconate)

Day 6 (8 Sept'10; 73days to PBIM'10)
my throat still feels painful..

2 comments:

  1. Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa (ninjiom-hk.cwahi.net) may be another solution to sore throat. i know alot of people use it, its also non alcoholic, though it's effectiveness is not as good as alcohol based cough medicine, but it's still good to use on not so serious sore throat.

    Hope you are getting well soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rachel, thank you for the advice.. it was took me almost 3weeks to get well.. the sore was really bad even after all the blister gone.. btw, my mom used to give me nin jiom pei pa koa.. sometimes i would sneak up the fridge and get a spoon full of it when i was still a kid.. hehe.. again, thanks for the advice..

    ReplyDelete