Friday, April 16, 2010

A Late Afternoon Run; W14

(sun bathing on a sunny sunday?)

there are a lot of differences running between in the morning, noon and night.. last week i did a late noon LSD.. wow, the heat and humidity was really a test to my mental strength.. even running at the beginning was hard..

my head was unprepared to face the blistering heat and unforgiving hard tarmac.. burying those negative thoughts was my hurdle.. focusing on my breathing and running efficiently helped forget all qualms..

then, it was the heat on my face that keep bothering.. luckily i had my sunscreen and cap on.. as i reach half way, i put myself a new target.. to finish this run without walking.. i slowed my pace to save-up energy for the remaining distance..

at minute46 of my run, i could feel my legs are lighter and i could stride even faster.. i continued at this new found pace for 14minutes..

since this run was late noon, i feel less stressed on this particular run.. finished my 8km run in 60minutes which was 3minutes faster than my W13 weekend LSD..

i noticed it was quite windy in late noon compared to morning.. maybe that contributed to a faster run.. maybe.. maybe.. (shaking my head convincingly..)

yeay! i ran the whole 8 km and did it faster than last week.. that's another milestone achievement :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment