Sunday, March 14, 2010

Competitive Race; My First 4km Run

this is an overdue race report.. i hope this report would inspire others and myself..

Race Report
Date/ Time: 9 Feb' 10/ 0900hrs
Distant: 4km

Summary:
i enrolled in this 4km run organised by my officemates in conjunction with some events within the organisation.. i hope this run would give some exposure to myself in my future PBIM 2010 run..

i had just started running a few weeks before the race without any specific training program/ routine..

the starting was very bad.. first, i did not do any warm up before the run (to confident laa.. padan muka..) to make things worst, i was in a conversation when others started their run.. (now, i know why paying attention to your surrounding is important.. hehe) so, i started way at the back.. i really mean way back.. i was the last person to cross the starting line.. (padan muka.. hehe)

(notice i was at the last one running.. far left of the picture)

the run was fun, as i started to overtake one person at a time.. drinks were also provided at the half way mark.. the second mistake here was i stopped for a sip.. lost my tempo afterwards.. having a sip or two was fine for longer distant runs and not in a short 4km run..

next, i slowed my run as i realised i was drifting further than those in front of me.. this was my third mistake.. i was not paying enough attention yet again.. since it was too late to do any correction, i could do only damage control.. which was to refocus in finishing the race and not let anyone overtake me.. my average pace was between 8 to 7 minutes/km.. (very slow for a short distant run.. hehe..)

finally, it was really fun to run even though i realised that i was not fit enough to run long distance yet!.. therefore, i need more training and better plan to ensure i finish PBIM 2010 half marathon event..

wish me luck yaa.. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment